Palm Beach Slip and Fall Attorneys
Slip and falls account for 1 million hospital visits every year. Fractures are the most serious consequences of falls; 22% of slip/fall incidents resulted in more than 31 days away from work. Slip and fall cases are often challenged more by insurance carriers than automobile negligence cases. It is important to hire a
Palm Beach slip and fall attorney to ensure that your rights are being properly protected.
Slip and Fall Liability
To prevail in a slip and fall case, the client’s attorney must show that their client was injured due to a dangerous condition on the property, and that the owner knew about the dangerous condition. Dangerous conditions create unreasonable risks of harm to people.
To show that the owner knew about the dangerous condition, the attorney has to show:
- The owner created the dangerous condition.
- The owner knew about the dangerous condition or was negligent in failing to correct it, or
- The dangerous condition existed for a length of time that a reasonable property owner should have discovered the condition and fixed it before the accident.
For example, if a gallon of water spills in a grocery store and is left for one day, it can be argued that the water existed for such a length of time that a reasonable property owner should have found it and cleaned it up.
It is imperative that evidence is preserved in slip and fall cases. For example, slip and fall cases frequently occur in supermarkets. Supermarkets have surveillance video. It is important to your case that the surveillance video is retained. Additionally, it is important that any witness statements are taken quickly after the accident to ensure that they do not forget important details.
Reasonable Property Owner
A successful slip and fall claim depends on whether the owner did not act like a reasonably prudent property owner. We will attempt to gather any evidence necessary to show that the owner did not act like a reasonably prudent property owner. Some relevant questions include:
- How long did the dangerous condition exist?
- Would a warning sign have prevented the accident?
- Could a necessary dangerous condition be made safer?
- Are there implemented standard procedures for examining the property?
We will evaluate your claim at no cost to you. If you have been injured due to a slip and fall accident, contact a Palm Beach slip and fall lawyer from Bottari & Doyle, at (561)-588-2781 to discuss your claim, or fill out our free claim evaluation form.