Palm Beach Trucking Accident Lawyer
Automobile accident attorney
Trucking accidents occur when large trailers (10,000) pounds or more collide with other vehicles or pedestrians. Around 500,000 trucking accidents occur annually in the United States. Approximately 5,000 fatalities occur due to these accidents. Trucking accidents cause more severe damage and injuries than typical automobile accidents due to the weight of the vehicle. A person who is injured due to the truck driver’s negligence is entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering. Truck driving claims are typically filed against the truck driver’s company.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
- Negligent Hiring
- Driving Under the Influence
- Mechanical Defects
- Tire Blow Up
- Ineffective Training
- Failing to Obey Traffic Laws
- Overloading Trucks
- Oversized Truck
Truck Accident lawsuits are typically filed due to the truck driver’s negligence. Proving negligence requires the attorney to show:
- The truck driver owed a duty of care to other drivers
- The truck driver breached the duty of care
- The breach caused the injuries
- Injuries occurred.
Truck defects often cause accidents. Bringing a suit against the truck manufacturer requires the plaintiff to show:
- The truck or truck part was unreasonably dangerous.
- The truck was being operated as intended.
- The truck’s performance remained unchanged since the initial purchase.
A plaintiff must show that the defect occurred in the manufacturing process.
Tragically, many victims of trucking accidents do not survive the crash. The victim’s family members may bring a wrongful death claim against all of the at-fault parties. The victim’s family can recover economic and non-economic damages.
Victims of trucking accidents can recover both economic and non-economic damages.
- Economic Damages – Economic damages include current and future medical bills, lost wages and loss of future earning capacity.
- Non-economic Damages – Non-economic damages include pain and suffering for the physical injuries, and mental anguish for any emotional pain.
We will evaluate your claim at no cost to you. Contact a Palm Beach truck accident lawyer from Bottari & Doyle, at (561)-588-2781 to discuss your claim, or fill out our free claim evaluation form.