Trucking accidents occur when large trailers (10,000 pounds or more) collide with other vehicles or pedestrians. Around 500,000 trucking accidents occur annually in the United States, and approximately 5,000 fatalities occur due to these accidents. Trucking accidents can cause more severe damage and injuries than typical automobile accidents due to the weight of the semi truck. A person who is injured due to the truck driver's negligence is entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering. Truck driving claims are typically filed against the truck driver's company, which means it's important to hire a qualified personal injury attorney to represent you against the trucking company's insurance carrier.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents in Boynton Beach
- Negligent Hiring
- Driving Under the Influence
- Mechanical Defects
- Tire Blow Up
- Ineffective Training
- Failing to Obey Traffic Laws
- Overloading Trucks
- Oversized Truck
How to Prove Negligence in a Truck Accident
Truck Accident lawsuits are typically filed due to the truck driver's negligence. Proving negligence requires the attorney to show:
- The truck driver owed a duty of care to other drivers
- The truck driver breached the duty of care
- The breach caused the injuries
- Injuries occurred.
Truck Liability in Accident Lawsuit
Truck defects often cause accidents. A plaintiff must show that the defect occurred in the manufacturing process. Bringing a suit against the truck manufacturer requires the plaintiff to show:
- The truck or truck part was unreasonably dangerous.
- The truck was being operated as intended.
- The truck's performance remained unchanged since the initial purchase.
Wrongful Death Lawsuit for a Semi Truck Accident
Tragically, many victims of trucking accidents do not survive the crash. The victim's family members may bring a wrongful death claim against all of the at-fault parties. The victim's family can recover economic and non-economic damages.
- Economic Damages – Economic damages include current and future medical bills, lost wages and loss of future earning capacity.
- Non-economic Damages – Non-economic damages include pain and suffering for the physical injuries, and mental anguish for any emotional pain.
We will evaluate your claim at no cost to you. Contact a Boynton Beach truck accident lawyer from Bottari & Doyle, at (561)-588-2781 to discuss your claim, or fill out our free claim evaluation form.