The recent proliferation of ride-sharing companies such as Uber and Lyft have caused a transformation in our society by rendering taxi cab companies nearly obsolete, and by allowing drivers to arrange for transportation at the click of a button. Uber and Lyft drivers are prevalent throughout South Florida. Therefore, an increase in ride-sharing drivers will cause an increase in the number of accidents caused by these drivers. We can help you if you have been injured in an accident due to an Uber driver or a Lyft driver. We represent people who have been injured by Uber drivers in Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton Beach, West Palm Beach and surrounding areas.
What can I do if I was in an accident with an Uber?
The amount of available liability insurance to injured Uber passengers or the driver and passengers injured by the Uber driver depends on the driving status of the Uber driver. There are three types of driver status: Driver Offline, Driver Available or Waiting and Driver Picking Up or Driving Passengers.
- Driver Offline: A driver who is offline, or unavailable for hire, will not be covered by Uber's insurance policy. Therefore, a person or passenger who is injured by an Uber driver will have to obtain liability coverage through the Uber driver's insurance policy.
- Driver Available or Waiting: An available driver, or available for hire, is insured under Uber's liability policy for up to $100,000 and $25,000 of property damage insurance.
- Driver Picking Up or Driving Passengers: The Uber driver is covered through Uber's policy for up to $1,000,000.00 of liability insurance and uninsured motorist coverage for injured passengers and drivers.
Which insurance company provides insurance for Uber drivers?
Progressive insurance provides the liability insurance for Uber drivers. From my experience, claims against Uber drivers with Progressive insurance tend to settle for more money than claims against ordinary drivers with Progressive insurance. The Uber insurance adjusters appear to have more settlement authority on these cases and therefore pay more money.
Will Uber pay for my medical bills after an accident?
Florida law requires every owner of a motor vehicle to purchase PIP (personal injury protection) insurance. This insurance provides $10,000 of insurance coverage to pay for medical bills. Therefore, your own PIP insurance will cover up to $10,000 of your medical bills. If you do not own a vehicle, or live with someone who owns a vehicle, then we can obtain personal injury protection benefits through the Uber driver's insurance policy if you were an occupant in the vehicle.
What happens if I have more than $10,000 of medical bills?
Hospital bills, emergency room bills and ambulance bills are incredibly expensive. It is common for these bills to exceed ten thousand dollars with just one visit to the hospital. MRIs, CT scans and the treatment provided by the doctors are billed by individual billing entities. This means that you will receive bills from the emergency room, the radiologist and the hospital in addition to an ambulance bill. It is extremely common for car accident medical bills to exceed $10,000. Our Uber accident attorneys file insurance claims and lawsuits against Uber drivers to access the $50,000 of available insurance or the one million dollars of insurance to pay for your additional medical bills.
What are the common accidents caused by Uber drivers?
- T-bone accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Head-on collisions
- Collisions on I-95 or Florida's Turnpike.
We Serve victims of Uber accidents in the following locations:
- Boca Raton
- Delray Beach
- Boynton Beach
- West Palm Beach
- Lake Worth
- Royal Palm Beach
- Fort Lauderdale
- Pompano Beach
How can an Uber accident lawyer help me?
Our rideshare accident attorneys offer several services to you, the injured driver or passenger(s).
- We can help you to get your car fixed if the Uber driver was at-fault.
- We can help you get your hospital bills, ambulance bill and other doctors' bills paid.
- We can help to get you the right medical treatment to treat your injuries.
- We can help you to obtain compensation from the Uber insurance policy.
Contact our Florida Uber accident attorneys from Bottari & Doyle for a free consultation at 561-588-2781. There is no fee or costs if we do not recover compensation for you.