Car Accident Lawyer Serving Belle Glade/Pahokee
Have you been injured in a vehicle accident in Belle Glade or Pahokee?
Vehicle accidents are among the most common causes of serious injuries, and unfortunately, they happen quite frequently in the Belle Glade/Pahokee area, as well as the rest of Palm Beach County. This area experiences more than 10,000 vehicle injury accidents every year, including motorcycle crashes, truck crashes, accidents involving pedestrians, and multi-car collisions. An injury accident can completely upend your life, resulting in lost wages, skyrocketing medical bills, and trauma to you and your family.
If you've been injured in an accident in the south Lake Okeechobee area, a competent and experienced personal injury attorney can help you recover damages so you can get your life back on track. At Bottari & Doyle, P.A., our attorneys have an excellent track record for helping clients in Belle Glade/Pahokee and Palm Beach County receive generous personal injury settlements.
Vehicle Accident Statistics in Belle Glade, Pahokee, and Palm Beach County
Located along the northern outskirts of the Greater Miami area, Palm Beach County sees its fair share of traffic and congestion. Much of the traffic is focused in areas near the coastline. While Belle Glade and Pahokee are situated in a more rural area near Lake Okeechobee, these communities still see significant rates of vehicular collisions, some of which cause serious injuries. Some of the more recent Palm Beach County accident statistics measured in 2020, according to the FLHSMV:
- 22,099 collisions
- 12,842 injuries
- 177 fatal collisions
- 485 pedestrian accidents (including 44 fatalities)
- 375 motorcycle crashes
- 6155 hit-and-run crashes
Most noteworthy among these numbers is that more than half of the total number of vehicle crashes in this area resulted in injuries, which means that by the numbers, if you're in a crash in Belle Glade or Pahokee, your odds of getting injured are roughly 50 percent. This is why it is imperative to have an experienced attorney help you receive fair compensation for your injuries, pain and suffering, lost wages, medical bills, etc.
Common Causes of Injury Accidents in Belle Glade/Pahokee
Other than the increased traffic in recent years that affects most of Belle Glade/Pahokee and Palm Beach County, there are some causes that increase vehicle injuries in this area. The most common causes are:
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Rates of alcohol and drug abuse are quite high in Pahokee and Belle Glade, increasing the number of impaired drivers on the roadways around south Lake Okeechobee. Unfortunately, this results in an excessive number of injury accidents.
- Speeding. People tend to drive too fast along the narrow roads in and around Belle Glade/Pahokee, often causing collisions.
- Distracted Driving. Despite Florida's ban on texting while driving, thousands of drivers continue to use their smartphones in the car to check GPS directions, text friends, and send messages to friends, putting them at higher risk for vehicle accidents.
- Aggressive Driving. Aggressive driving does not have to involve speeding or being under the influence of drugs or alcohol, but it can certainly lead to serious crashes. Examples of aggressive driving are tailgating, braking sharply without cause, and honking at another driver to intimidate them into moving out of your way.
What are the Most Common Injuries in Vehicle Accidents Around Pahokee and Belle Glade?
There is a wide range of injuries that can be sustained in an injury accident. The most common include:
- Broken bones (arms, legs, hips)
- Soft tissue injuries (lacerations, bruises, muscle/ligament tears)
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Neck injuries
- Internal organ damage (e.g., lungs, kidneys)
- Spinal cord damage, which can cause serious pain, paralysis, or mobility issues
Any collision may result in serious injuries depending on the speed and point of impact of the vehicles involved. However, most serious injuries occur when the victim is largely unprotected, such as pedestrians or motorcyclists, or when the crash involves a larger vehicle like a truck or bus.
What Damages Can You Recover for Your Injuries?
Under Florida law, if you're injured in a collision where the other driver is at fault, you have the right to file a personal injury and collect damages from the at-fault party. A skilled personal injury attorney will evaluate the circumstances of your case and the extent of your injuries to help you determine how much to demand in damages
Common damages collected in serious injury accidents include:
- Medical expenses: The total current and future cost of treatment for your injuries, including surgery, hospital stays, tests, physical therapy, and ongoing treatments, if necessary.
- Loss of income: Compensation that covers lost wages or income due to your injuries, both past and future.
- Pain and suffering: Compensating you for the added trauma and reduced quality of life that results from the physical, emotional, and mental anguish stemming from your accident.
- Loss of consortium: Compensation for any negative effects the accident may have on your relationship with a spouse or partner.
Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys in Belle Glade and Pahokee, FL
While you may be eligible to collect all the damages mentioned above, the burden of proof is on you to demonstrate that the other party caused your injuries and that you suffered these losses as a result. This process can be tricky as insurance companies are quite experienced in finding ways to refute evidence and reduce the amount of your settlement. That's where Bottari and Doyle's team of experienced personal injury attorneys can help. We have many years of proven experience negotiating skillfully with insurance companies. We are also very familiar with the Palm Beach County court system and how they process cases like yours. We know how to gather the evidence, calculate the damages, and hold the responsible parties accountable to cover your losses.
At Bottari & Doyle, P.A., we understand the pain of what you're going through after suffering an injury accident, and we are dedicated to giving your case the full attention it deserves. We will work tirelessly on your behalf, and we don't get paid unless you do. Call us at 561-588-2781 to schedule a complimentary consultation.