If you have been charged with Credit Card Fraud in Boca Raton, we can help. Call the Bottari & Doyle Law Firm for a free case evaluation: (561) 588-2781. An accusation of credit card fraud can have negative affects in your career and personal life. While it may seem relatively harmless, credit card fraud is taken very seriously by the police, banks, and credit card companies.
Credit Card Fraud Lawyers for Boca Raton
Florida state law criminalizes the fraudulent use of a credit card. A person commits credit card fraud when he or she:
- Intends to defraud a merchant or other person who provides goods or services
- Uses someone else's credit card to obtain the goods or services from the merchant
The penalty for credit card fraud is a first degree misdemeanor when the offender uses a credit card 2 or fewer times within a 6 month period, or obtains goods or services with a value less than $100. First degree misdemeanors are punishable by up to 1 year in jail, 1 year of probation, and a $1,000 fine.
The penalty for credit card fraud is a third degree felony when he or she uses a credit card 2 or more times within a six month period, or obtains goods or services with a value of more than 100 dollars. Third degree felonies are punishable by up to 5 years in prison, 5 years of probation, and a $5,000 fine.
Do I need a Criminal Defense Lawyer for Credit Card Fraud?
Yes. If you've been charged with Fraudulent Use of a Credit Card, you should speak to a Boynton Beach criminal lawyer immediately to learn more about your rights, possible defenses, and the complicated legal system. Don't make the mistake of representing yourself and don't take a plea deal too early – there may be a defense to your case that is being overlooked. When our criminal defense team represents you, you'll benefit from advice and assistance in the following steps of your legal case:
- We'll investigate and determine if your legal rights were violated at any point in your arrest.
- We'll gather critical evidence and facts, such as 911 reports, witness statements, video evidence, social media research, and more.
- After assessing all possible scenarios and outcomes, we'll walk you through the options and give our honest recommendations so that you can make the best decision for you and your situation.
- If your case goes to trial, we will stand up for you and fight for your rights at every turn throughout the court and legal process.
Contact a Boca Raton Credit Card Fraud Lawyer at Bottari & Doyle
If you have been charged with Credit Card Fraud, contact a Boca Raton credit card fraud attorney from Bottari & Doyle at (561) 588-2781 for a free case evaluation. We will fight for you!