Are you facing a misdemeanor charge in Delray Beach? Contact an experienced Delray Beach misdemeanor lawyer today. FREE case evaluation: (561) 588-2781.
Misdemeanor charges are classified as either second degree or first degree misdemeanors. Examples of second degree misdemeanors include: driving without a license and assault. Examples of first degree misdemeanors include: DUI with property damage, battery, petit theft, domestic violence battery and a second conviction for driving on a suspended license.
Types of Misdemeanor Offenses in Delray Beach
- Reckless Driving
- Soliciting a Prostitute
- Hit and Run
- Fish and Wildlife Violations
- Drunk in Public
- Driving on Suspended License
- Possession of Marijuana
Penalties for Misdemeanors in Delray Beach
- Second degree misdemeanors are punishable by up to 60 days in the county jail, six months of probation a combination of jail and probation, and a $500.00 fine.
- First degree misdemeanors are punishable by up to 1 year in the county jail, 12 months of probation, a combination of jail and probation, and a $1,000 fine.
Do I need a misdemeanor lawyer?
Yes. If you've been charged with a misdemeanor, you should speak to a Delray Beach criminal defense lawyer immediately to learn more about your rights, possible defenses, and the complicated legal system. Don't make the mistake of representing yourself and don't give up too early – there may be a defense to your case that is being overlooked. When our criminal defense team represents you, you'll benefit from advice and assistance in the following steps of your legal case:
- We'll investigate and determine if your legal rights were violated at any point in your arrest.
- We'll gather critical evidence and facts, such as 911 reports, witness statements, video evidence, social media research, and more.
- After assessing all possible scenarios and outcomes, we'll walk you through the options and give our honest recommendations so that you can make the best decision for you and your situation.
- If your case goes to trial, we will stand up for you and fight for your rights at every turn throughout the court and legal process.
Contact a Delray Beach Misdemeanor Attorney at Bottari & Doyle
If you have been charged with a misdemeanor offense in Delray Beach contact our lawyers for a free consultation at 561-588-2781.