Slip and falls account for 1 million hospital visits every year. Fractures are the most serious consequences of falls, and about 1 in every 5 slip and fall injuries results in more than a month away from work. Slip and fall cases are often challenged aggressively by insurance carriers. It is important to hire a Delray Beach slip and fall attorney to ensure that your rights are being properly protected.
Should I hire a lawyer for a slip and fall in Delray Beach?
Yes, a lawyer for a slip and fall is necessary if you have been slipped in store, tripped on a sidewalk, tripped in a parking lot, or any area outside of your home. You need an attorney who can determine if the premises owner was at-fault for your accident. If so, you can recover money from the owner of the premises or their insurance company.
Did you slip and fall in a Delray Beach restaurant or store?
- Winn Dixie accidents with a location on Military Trail.
- Publix Supermarket slip and falls with locations on Federal Highway and 5th Ave North.
- Dunkin Donuts trip and falls with locations on Atlantic Ave and Federal Highway.
- Home Depot accidents with locations on Waterford Place and Jog Rd.
Slip and Fall Liability
To prevail in a slip and fall case, the slip and fall attorney must show that their client was injured due to a dangerous condition on the property, and that the owner knew about the dangerous condition. Dangerous conditions create unreasonable risks of harm to people. To show that the owner knew about the dangerous condition, the attorney has to show:
- The owner created the dangerous condition.
- The owner knew about the dangerous condition or was negligent in failing to correct it, or
- The dangerous condition existed for a length of time that a reasonable property owner should have discovered the condition and fixed it before the accident.
For example, if a gallon of water spills in a grocery store and is left for one day, it can be argued that the water existed for such a length of time that a reasonable property owner should have found it and cleaned it up.
Retaining Evidence for Slip and Fall Cases
It is imperative that evidence is preserved in slip and fall cases. For example, slip and fall cases frequently occur in supermarkets. Supermarkets have surveillance video. It is important to your case that the surveillance video is retained. Additionally, it is important that any witness statements are taken quickly after the accident to ensure that they do not forget important details.
Reasonable Property Owner
A successful slip and fall claim depends on whether the owner did not act like a reasonably prudent property owner. We will attempt to gather any evidence necessary to show that the owner did not act like a reasonably prudent property owner. Some relevant questions include:
- How long did the dangerous condition exist?
- Would a warning sign have prevented the accident?
- Could a necessary dangerous condition be made safer?
- Are there implemented standard procedures for examining the property?
We will evaluate your claim at no cost to you. If you have been injured from slipping or falling due to someone else's fault, contact a Delray Beach slip and fall lawyer from Bottari & Doyle at (561)-588-2781 to discuss your claim, or fill out our free claim evaluation form. The consultation is free.