Your Delray Beach truck accident may have happened while you were driving to the beach on Atlantic Ave. It may have occurred when you were driving on the Turnpike near Lyons Road. There are many roads in Delray Beach. We are familiar with all of the roads, because our main office is located in Delray Beach, near Pineapple Grove. Our office is near the Delray Beach Courthouse on Atlantic Ave.
Why Hire Bottari & Doyle Attorneys at Law?
Trucking cases are specialized cases which require the experience of a personal injury lawyer. Not all lawyers are same, and trucking cases can be very complex. Just like you wouldn't go to a heart surgeon for a shoulder injury, you should choose a lawyer who has experience handling accident cases.
We have over 45 Five-Star Reviews on Google. This is what some of our clients wrote about us on Google:
"Dan was fantastic. The process of auto accidents are never fun and are a hassle. Dan made the process easy and always communicated quickly when I would call or text. He was thorough, to the point and worked hard to get a settlement for me. Thanks again!" - Nadia F.
"I had a great experience with Dan on my accident case. He is very professional and willing to help his clients. Always kept me informed about my case. Overall recommend him very much." - Pat.
"My daughter and son were in a car accident. I contacted Dan Bottari who took care of everything. He helped us with the medical treatment, bills, and got us a great settlement." - Alejandra.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents in Delray Beach
1. Truckdriver Fatigue: Driver fatigue may be caused by insufficient sleep or driving for too many hours. The Large Truck Crash Causation Study determined that 13% of commercial truck drivers were fatigued at the time of the accident.
2. Driving Under the Influence: A commercial truck driver cannot drive with a breath or blood alcohol level of .04 or higher. A DUI conviction will result in CDL suspension for 1 year. Additionally, the DUI truck driver may be liable for punitive damages. Punitive damages are additional money that the driver would have to pay to you for being drunk and causing the accident.
3. Mechanical Defects: Defective breaks, defective breakpads, defective or missing lights, faulty brake lines, poor anti-lock breaks.
4. Tire Blowout: A tire blowout can occur if the tire isn't properly inflated or overworn. Tire tread separation can cause the tire to blowout.
5. Rollover: According, to the Federal Motorcarrier Safety Administration, a rollover happens when a truck's centrifugal force causes the truck to lean against the direction it is turning.
6. Speeding: Speeding and aggressive driving are extremely dangerous due to the massive size of the truck. A truck causes substantially more damage to the vehicle it hits and more serious injuries to a person in the vehicle.
7. Overloading: A truck that weighs too much makes it harder for the driver to handle. A truck driver may have a hard time determining how quickly he needs to break to avoid colliding with another vehicle.
Making a Claim Against a Truck Driver in Delray Beach
Our Delray Beach truck accident lawyers will file claims against the truck driver, the truck driver's employer and the insurance company. Truck drivers have commercial insurance policies which often provide insurance coverage in excess of $1,000,000.00 to compensate for an injured driver or passenger's medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering. We can help you make a claim against the at-fault truck driver. Call our office today at 561-588-2781 for a free consultation.
Common Injuries From a Truck Accident in Delray Beach
- Broken Bones
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Herniated Disc
- Post-Traumatic Stress
Who will pay my medical bills after a truck accident?
A hospital bill from Delray Medical Center, Boca Raton Regional, Bethesda, can cost you tens of thousands of dollars. Your personal injury protection coverage pays only $10,000.00 of your medical bills. Health insurance and Medicaid may provide additional coverage in excess of your Personal Injury Protection coverage. However, these additional sources of insurance coverage have a right to recover money from your truck accident settlement. We can help you to get your medical bills paid by pursuing compensation through the truck driver's commercial insurance policy.
What medical professionals treat injuries from a truck accident?
This will depend on the injuries. An orthopedic surgeon can perform surgery to the back to repair damage to herniated discs through a procedure called a discectomy. A chiropractic physician treats injuries related to the neck and back caused by truck accidents. Chiropractic adjustments, massage and other treatment modalities can help to alleviate the pain caused by the accident. A MRI technician will administer a MRI (magnetic resonance imaging). This device helps to find injuries to the vertebrae (soft tissue injuries). A neurologist can perform testing to find determine any brain damage that may have been caused by the truck accident. We can help refer you to medical professionals to treat your injuries.
What is my Delray Beach truck accident claim worth?
The value of a truck accident claim against an at-fault truck driver will depend on the severity of your injuries, the amount of property damage to your vehicle and the amount of your medical bills. For example, an individual who requires surgery to fix truck accident-related injuries will generally have a higher value case than an individual who only receives chiropractic treatment. Typically, more substantial vehicle property damage and injuries will increase the value of a truck accident case.
Where do truck accidents occur in Delray Beach?
- In October of 2020, a piece of metal fell off of a tow truck and crashed into a driver's windshield south of Woolbright.
- In July of 2021, a tractor-trailer was partially submerged in a canal between Atlantic and Boynton Beach Blvd.
Contact a Delray Beach Truck Accident Attorney
We will evaluate your claim at no cost to you. Contact a Delray Beach truck accident lawyer from Bottari & Doyle, at (561)-588-2781 to discuss your claim, or fill out our free claim evaluation form.