Worker´s compensation attorneys

Workers' Compensation is a type of insurance that pays for your medical benefits and wage loss due to injuries at work. Every year there are millions of recorded cases of non-fatal injuries due to work related accidents in the United States. Tragically, thousands more result in death due to work-related injuries. In Delray Beach, employers with 4 or more employees must carry Workers' Compensation insurance. In the construction business, employers with at least one employee must carry Workers' Compensation insurance. Most injuries, accidents, illnesses and deaths are covered by Workers' Compensation insurance.

Medical Benefits and Lost Wages after a Work Accident

Workers' Compensation pays for your medical benefits and lost wages as a result of the work accident. Workers' Compensation is a no fault system. We do not have to show that another person was negligent to recover money for your medical benefits and wage loss.

Filing a Workers' Compensation Claim in Delray Beach

An employee must report the work accident to their employee within 30 days of the accident. After the initial report, the employee has 2 years to file a workers' compensation claim. The employee should provide specific details to their employer about the accident. How did the accident happen? Did anyone see the accident happen? When did it happen? Where did it happen? The employee must then see an employer's authorized medical provider to evaluate the injuries. An employee can only switch one time to another doctor.

Common Causes of Delray Beach Work Injuries

  • Slip and falls
  • Trip and falls
  • Driving accidents
  • Construction accidents
  • Toxin exposure
  • Common Injuries
  • Head Injuries, concussions
  • Brain injuries
  • Muscular injuries, torn ligaments, broken bones
  • Herniated discs
  • Mesothelioma
  • Injuries to the eyes, neck, hips, legs, hands, fingers

Delray Beach Workers' Compensation: Frequently Asked Questions

  • Will I be covered for my injury?Your employer is required to have workers compensation insurance if he or she employs 4 or more people. If you work in the construction industry, your employer is required to have workers compensation insurance if he or she employs 1 or more people (including himself). If you work in the farming industry, your employer is required to have workers compensation insurance if he or she employs 5 regular employees and/or 12 or more other workers for seasonal agricultural labor lasting 30 days or more.
  • How long after my accident do I have to report it to my employer?You have 30 days from the accident to report it to your employer.
  • What kind of medical treatment can I get?A medical provider that is authorized by your employer or their insurance company will provide the necessary medical treatment, care and medication.
  • Do I have to pay my medical bills?No, the medical bills should be submitted by the medical provider to the insurance company.
  • Will I be paid if I lose time from work?Yes, your benefit check paid bi-weekly will pay Two-Thirds of your wages. You will not be paid for the first 7 days that you miss work, unless your disability prevents you from working three weeks or more.
  • When will I get my first check?You should receive your first check within 21 days of reporting the accident.

Contact Us

We will evaluate your claim at no cost to you. If you have been injured due to a work injury, contact the Delray Beach workers' comp lawyers from Bottari & Doyle at 561-588-2781 for a free consultation or fill out our claim evaluation form.