Rear end collisions happen on a regular basis in Sunrise and throughout South Florida. A rear end collision is one of the most common reasons for a car accident. Rear end accidents can be frightening, because many times the driver who is hit is totally blindsided by the accident. A collision of this type requires the assistance of an experienced accident attorney who is capable of fighting for you to get you maximum compensation from the insurance company.
Why hire Bottari & Doyle Attorneys at Law?
We have over 45 Five-Star Reviews on Google.
Our Clients Are Satisfied:
What are the common types of rear end collision injuries in Sunrise?
A rear end collision can cause injuries that are minor or extremely severe. Even minor rear-end collisions can cause serious injuries that require a person to have surgery. There is a common misconception that a small accident won't result in major injuries. Nothing could be further from the truth. We have successfully recovered compensation for car accident victims who were injured in minor rear end accidents.
- Broken Bones
- Herniated Discs
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Shoulder Pain
Rear End Collision Responsibility - Keeping You Safe
Florida law states that a driver who rear ends another driver is presumed to be at-fault in the accident. This is because Florida law has traffic laws that prevent a driver from driving too closely to another vehicle.
- Statute 316.0895 (1) states that “The driver of a motor vehicle shall not follow another vehicle more closely than is reasonable and prudent, having due regard for the speed of such vehicles and the traffic upon, and the condition of, the highway.”
- Statute 316.0895 (2) states that “It is unlawful for the driver of any motor truck, motor truck drawing another vehicle, or vehicle towing another vehicle or trailer, when traveling upon a roadway outside of a business or residence district, to follow within 300 feet of another motor truck, motor truck drawing another vehicle, or vehicle towing another vehicle or trailer.”
What should I do if I have been rear ended?
You should remain at the scene of the accident until a police officer arrives. The police officer should provide you with a driver exchange form. This form will provide you with the at-fault driver's insurance information. This information is necessary so that we can notify the insurance carrier that you have been injured, and to obtain the insurance policy limits from their driver.
After speaking to the police officer, you should go to an urgent care center, an emergency room or to Sunrise Medical Center to get examined by a doctor.
You can call us at 561-588-2781 for a free consultation about your case.
Who will pay for my medical bills after a rear-end collision?
Florida law states that the first ten thousand dollars of your medical bills get paid by your personal injury protection insurance. This is because Florida is a no-fault state; every driver or passenger's bills get paid by their own insurance carrier up to $10,000.
No Fault Insurance Pays For:
- 80% of your medical bills subject to Florida fee schedule limitations.
- 60% of your lost wages
- $5,000 in death benefits
- Mileage reimbursement for medical visits.
You may be asking yourself, "what happens after the $10,000 is used up?" This is one of the reasons why you need an accident lawyer; to obtain more insurance coverage for you to pay for your bills. We will find the source insurance coverage so that you do not have to worry about getting the medical treatment that you need.
Why am I entitled to compensation if I have been in a rear end accident?
Florida law states that you can recover the following if you have suffered from a permanent injury in a car accident:
- Past and Future Medical Bill Reimbursement
- Past and Future Pain and Suffering Award
- Past and Future Wage Loss Payments
- Loss of Consortium Payments if a Spouse's Life Has Been Affected By Your Injuries.
This is the law in Florida. You as a resident of Florida have the legal right to recover compensation for your injuries. You should take advantage of remedies afforded to you under Florida law. We can help you to recover the compensation you deserve.
Injured by a rear end collision? 561-588-2781