If you need a traffic violations lawyer in South Florida, contact the top-rated defense law firm of Bottari & Doyle. Florida law, pursuant to statute 322.03(4), requires all motorcycle riders to have a motorcycle endorsement on their driver's license, or a motorcycle license. To get the endorsement or license, each rider must take the Basic Rider Course through the Florida Rider Training Program. Failure to obtain either is a second degree misdemeanor, punishable by up to 6 months of probation, 60 days in jail as a condition of probation, and a $500 fine.
Additionally, Florida Statutes 316.2085 and 318.14(13)(a) impose hefty fines for:
- Performing a motorcycle wheelie
- Not riding on the seat at all times
- Carrying another passenger on the motorcycle that is not designed for more than one person
- Not properly affixing the tag to the motorcycle
- Obscuring the tag
- Carrying a package, bundle or other article that prevents the driver from keeping both hands on the handlebars
- A person under 16 years of age who operates a motorcycle with more than 150 cubic centimeters of displacement, or who rents a motorcycle or a moped.
- Carrying person in a position that interferes with the operation or control of the motorcycle or moped or the view of the operator.
The fine is $1,000 for a first offense, $2,500 for a second offense with a one year suspension of motor vehicle driving privileges, and is a third degree felony for a third violation with a ten year suspension of motor vehicle privileges.
Do I need a criminal defense lawyer for motorcycle tickets in Florida?
Yes. If you are facing a misdemeanor, felony, or possible suspension of your driving privileges, you should speak to a South Florida criminal defense lawyer immediately to learn more about your rights, possible defenses, and the complicated legal system. Don't make the mistake of representing yourself and don't take a plea deal too early – there may be a defense to your case that is being overlooked. When our criminal defense team represents you, you'll benefit from advice and assistance in the following steps of your legal case:
- We'll investigate and determine if your legal rights were violated at any point in your arrest.
- We'll gather critical evidence and facts, such as 911 reports, witness statements, video evidence, social media research, and more.
- After assessing all possible scenarios and outcomes, we'll walk you through the options and give our honest recommendations so that you can make the best decision for you and your situation.
- If your case goes to trial, we will stand up for you and fight for your rights at every turn throughout the court and legal process.
Contact a Motorcycle Ticket Lawyer at Bottari & Doyle
If you have been arrested or charged in South Florida for not having a valid motorcycle license or allegedly breaking a motorcycle law, contact the experienced traffic lawyers from Bottari & Doyle at (561)-588-2781 for a free case evaluation.